Hello there! A couple weeks ago I decided to add a herringbone accent wall to our guest room. Before I took on this project I had been eyeing a modern white & black herringbone wallpaper. Although, I knew wallpaper wasn’t in the budget so I had to DIY the wallpaper look for less. I love a good DIY budget friendly project so I grabbed my white paint, some cardboard & went for it.
So, this is how I did this project & it took less than an hour!
- 1″ Paint Brush
Tip: I used a dish sponge to reference my desired length for each line.
- Cut a few squares of cardboard. I used a thin smooth piece of cardboard. (Cereal or cracker box is perfect.)
- Pick your paint color for the pattern & decide if you need to paint the whole wall first.
- With the paintbrush & paint do a few practice runs of the pattern on the cardboard. (Make sure when making your stamp to try variations in spacing down the middle of the sets & between each line to get your desired look.)
- Once you have your desired look on your cardboard; cut evenly around your pattern.
- Start your stamp at the bottom or top corner of the wall & continue stamping vertically with even spacing, be sure to reapply paint when stamp begins to fade. (Be careful not to apply a thick amount of paint to your stamp or it will spread & misshapen when you press it on the wall.)
- When you are done you can keep the fading stamped look or go back over the lines to create a bolder look.
I personally am SO glad I used this stamp technique because it kept the pattern consistent & the lines straight. I know for a fact without the guide of the stamp I would have started veering off if I did this free handed. hahaha!
I hope you enjoyed this weeks post. I love this accent wall & was glad I could get the wallpaper look for less! If I’ve inspired your next DIY project make sure to share your pictures on IG with the hashtag #blissfuldreamlivingblog or #blissfuldreamliving . I would love to see your creations & share them!